Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do not pass go, do not collect $200

I am so absolutely tired of everything.

I am sick of having to go to a job where everything reminds me of a time I would really rather just forget.

I am sick of worrying about college, done with filling out applications, and if I have to write another essay on my "community involvement" or "where [I] see [my]self 10/15/25 years from now" I swear I am going smash my computer into pieces.

I am sick of coming home to my parents acting like everything is absolutely freaking spectacular just because my dad said he's sorry (as if I haven't heard THAT one before). I am tired of talking about re-marriage and storage rooms and my dad moving back in. I am tired of both of them trying to talk me out of going to Africa this summer. I am tired of pretending that I am happy my parent's have "fixed things," when I truly do not believe that anything is fixed at all.

It feels like my dad has exhausted all of his chances. I am through with being let down, especially by men in my family.

This is very obviously a useless rant, and I have not-so-tactfully avoided any good points that may or may not be present in the above mentioned situations. Call me negative, I will get over this eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im really sorry angela. i have crap with my fam still goin on too. i've missed you lately. hope to see you wed. -max