Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this city
When I woke up this morning (and yesterday morning), the only thing I wanted to do was go back to bed. I went to sleep last night dreading today, tomorrow, and this weekend, and apprently that carried over to this morning.
But I didn't really do anything about it. I tried talking to God, but it didn't give me the immediate solution I was hoping for. I wasn't even angry, just kind of... hopeless.
I think God eventually just got fed up with me and my sorry attitude (laugh if you want to). That doesn't sound quite right. What I mean is, I think I had been so angry, hurt, and unforgiving during the past few days to accept the help that He was trying to give me, so He had to do something obvious, but that I never would have thought of. It's like my bright yellow police car theory: so obvious, you'd never think to watch out for it.
So, I had the random urge to look up "God of This City," and there was that line, Greater things have yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city. I imagine that must have been what a Jimmy Neutron brain blast feels like. I don't see how God could have possibly been any clearer. It's kind of like He was saying, "What are you so upset for? I know you're hurt and angry, but so am I. I know you want to dwell, but you can't. This is your chance to show what grace is. Give Me your faith and I will show you amazing things. This is not all I'm going to do here."
This is not all He is going to do here. He brings trials so that we can grow closer to Him. He'll never give us something we can't handle, nor will we feel pain that He has not felt. How can I be hopeless knowing that?
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this city
“If leading worship is just about bringing a group of people into a room so
we can get goosebumps and sing songs together, there’s not much value in
that. ...

1 comment:
There is no one like our God.
=]
Post a Comment